KINDERGARTEN AND FIRST GRADE SCREENING NEEDED FOR ADMISSIONS
Many factors determine a child’s readiness for Kindergarten and First Grade. Among them are the child’s chronological age, social and emotional maturity, academics needs, as well as fine and gross motor skills. Please be aware that in order to provide a quality education for all at Saint Bridget’s School, our Admissions Policy for Kindergarten and First Grade requires screening.
Children will be evaluated based upon their readiness through the use of a screening inventory. Screening will be arranged after a complete application is received and review by Administration. Parents will be contacted to arrange a date and time for their child's screening.
Children will be admitted to Saint Bridget School according to the following enumerated categories:
1. Brothers and /or sisters of presently enrolled students.
2. Saint Bridget Pre-Kindergarten students.
3. Children or siblings of Saint Bridget alumni.
4. Saint Bridget contributing parishioners.
5. Active parishioners from other parishes.
Minimum Age for School
Saint Bridget School espouses a policy that admits students of all religions, ethnic origins, race, color, gender, or national origin in the administration of educational policies.
In accordance with the general laws of Massachusetts, the Town of Abington has set the mandatory minimum age for school attendance as follows:
1. A child entering Pre-Kindergarten must be four years old before September 1 of the same year, or repeating Pre-Kindergarten will be necessitated.
2. A child entering Kindergarten must be five years old before September 1 of the same year
3. A child entering grade one must be six years old before September 1 of the same year.
Registration is currently ongoing. Please contact the school office for information about current openings.